At a panel discussion on Wednesday, judges and advocates discussed the advantages of SA courts moving to virtual hearings while many struggled with unequal internet access and high data costs.
In this edition of the Justice in Action newsletter
- Malawi's human rights commission recommends compensation for women sexually harassed by country's broadcasting boss
- Dispute over sitting Ugandan judges appointed to head prosecution arm
On the 8 April 2021 the DGRU, in partnership with the Hanns Seidel Foundation hosted a webinar which aimed to bring together lawyers, magistrates and judges to share their experience of providing access to justice during the COVID-19 pandemic through using online courts.
In this edition
- Judges told not to make traditional rituals a condition of bail in sexual assault cases
- Landmark sexual harassment case in Malawi
- Majority of Zambia's constitutional court: We are bound by this high court decision
- African Court’s existence threatened by lack of cooperation from AU states