NAME OF PROGRAMME OR PROJECT
- Free Access to Law in Africa
- Strengthening Judicial Autonomy in Africa
- Strengthening access to justice through the provision of access to legal information
- Free Access to Law newsletter service
- The Free Access to Law in Africa Awards
CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS ATTENDED OR ORGANISED IN 2016
- Regional Free Access to Law Workshop in Accra, Ghana Workshop (February 14-15 2016)
Convened the workshop and presented paper titled ‘Open Access to Law, the Rule of Law and Development.
The workshop focused on the role of free access to law in deepening democracy and the rule of law, and in strengthening the legal sector in Ghana and West Africa.
- The Rule of Law Symposium in Southern Africa, convened by Freedom House in Johannesburg (June 22-24 2016)
Presented paper titled ‘Enhancing judicial independence through the promotion and development of free access to law.
- Joint Government and Civil Society Meeting in Pretoria (July 4-5 2016)
- Law via Internet Conference in Cyprus (September 7-9 2016)
Presented paper titled ‘Free access to law in an evolving development context: Experiences and opportunities from sub-Saharan Africa
- MAVC Reflective Learning Workshop for MAVC grantees in Nairobi (September 27-28 2016)
Presented DGRU’s Open Government Partnership (OGP) Project, which is focused on implementing Commitments 5 & 6 of South Africa’s 3rd OGP Country Action Plan.
- The Annual Pan African Lawyer’s Union Conference in Nairobi (October 12-15 2016)
- Regional workshop on free access to law in Nairobi (November 7-19 2016)
Convened the workshop under the theme of “Sustaining free access to law in Southern Africa’
I gave the opening statement, which amongst, highlighted the complex context of publishing for free access in Southern Africa